The Blurb

Both ski socks and flip flops are pretty everyday objects (if you are the kind of exciting person who, like me, likes to go to snowy mountains and tropical beaches, not if you are a boring recluse). Most of what I write about will, I suspect, seem slightly crazy to your average 'vanilla'. But, to me, kink is so integrated into my life that I sometimes don't notice that it is a bit odd.

Ski socks and flip flops are also both totally contradictory to each other. This, in part, reflects the fact that I go by the online psuedonym 'Walking Oxymoron'. But it also explains me very well. I do not look like someone who you might imagine to be a sexual deviant. When out and about, I don't act any differently from anyone else. In fact, I like to think that I appear fairly innocent and demure.

This blog is about the other side of me - my dark side. Specifically, the emotional side of it. Behind the whips and canes and other fun things is a variety of very normal 'vanilla' feelings. They just choose to display themselves in some unconventional places...

Monday 22 November 2010

Why I Love Rope

Due to things going on in my vanilla life, Sunday had the potential to be a horrible, horrible day. It was saved by rope. I spent the vast majority of the day jumping around in excitement for Peer Rope London - an event which saw me tied up, untied and retied in various positions for 6 hours solid.
Most people see me as a masochist first and foremost, but actually rope bondage is one of my biggest kinks. My reaction to the smell of rope and the feeling of it against my skin is akin to the way in which people who have a rubber fetish describe the way that it makes them feel -the rope becomes a part of me, it somehow becomes absorbed into who I am at that moment in time and takes over all of my other thoughts. However, rope can create such a wide range of sensations that, for me, being tied is linked to a huge range of emotions. Everyone seems to connect with rope in different ways, and that means that everyone ties differently, and that in turn can lead to totally different feelings with each person you play with. This meant that, with all of the rope that was flying around on Sunday, I was like a kid in a sweetshop. I think that, running back over it, I experienced pretty much the whole range of rope emotions during the evening:

1. Rope makes me feel pretty
Ok, so this picture wasn't taken at Peer Rope, but I think that it makes my point. I love this picture of me, I think that it is flattering to all of my good parts - that is just what rope does.
The photo was taken at a rope class by a very lovely lady known as Hedwig. The ropework was done by the uber rigger known as Sauvage. It is one of my absolute favourite pictures of myself, and I never like pictures of myself. It was also incredibly fun, and if you could see my face you would see a very dreamy, far away look on it.

2.  Rope makes me relax
I spent the first part of Sunday being a demo bunny for Sauvage, who was using me to teach a fairly simple tie wherein the victims hands are held behind the back and the entire upper torso is contained in a sort of harness (a box tie). It is an incredibly comfortable position to be tied in. This meant to a certain extent that I could sit back and enjoy the feeling of the rope. This kind of confortable, gentle rope makes me relax to a greater extent than most other relaxation techniques out there, and I nearly fell asleep as he was tying!

3. Rope makes me think
I spent a good part of the evening being tied in very arty ties by Doc. Again, this made me feel very sexy. But I also spent a good deal of time trying to escape his masterpieces. One, in particular, saw my hands tied between my legs attached to a crotch rope, which was in turn tied quite loosely to a gym horse. Ever the exhibitionist, I rather enjoyed the fact that people were gathering around to laugh as my attempts to undo the rope pulled on the crotch rope.
Much later in the evening, another ropey friend and I created a new sport - rope grappling. We started facing each other, each holding one end of the rope. The aim was to get the other restrained. It was a surprisingly tactical game. I like playing with this person in particular because I know that he likes the challenge of the fight, and I can really put all of my effort into it. He managed to get me into a hogtie eventually, but I feel quite smug that it took him about an hour - he is much more qualified in tying people up than I am! But it bought out my competative streak...I'll get him next time... 

4. Rope renders me helpless
I like being helpless. I like not being able to fight off what is going to happen and having to accept that it is inevitable. Doc got me strung up in a very pretty tie that had my hand behind my back, my knees tied together and the whole thing attached to a point in the ceiling so that I could move, but not far. Then, a man who I know as Evil Git got out his elastic bands, and started to put them around my face and neck, running through my mouth. Elastic bands in the mouth hurt. And it is VERY scary when both Doc and Evil Git pull at them, threatening to ping them against my face and watching me squirm. And it hurts when they let go! Very very fun.
5. Rope makes my head float
I managed to collar the very first person who ever tied me up (Northern Monkey). He is also one of my favourite people to tie me up. He has a very different style - he likes to come up with something different, and usually quite uncomfortable. He also can handle brat very well, and brat often gets left at home on rope days. He got me in a brilliant tie which completely restrained all of my fingers, attached one hand to the outside of my ankle and the other to my knee, and then attached my hair to my other ankle. This meant that whenever I moved, I tugged on my hair. Later, he also incorporated a rope gag so that movements pulled at both my hair and mouth. He then proceeded to poke me in the ribs. Anything that incorporates my hair will make me go off into floaty land, but when combined with the poking and the complete restraint and helplessness I was totally gone. 

So, in one day I had sleepy, restrained, floaty, pretty and tactical rope grappling. I am very definitely still on a rope high.

No comments:

Post a Comment